- The key personal announcements revealed in the Chancellor’s speech on 11 March 2020.
- The key business announcements revealed on 11 March.
- What the key industry groups have to say about the Chancellor’s Budget speech.
- Three changes in the Chancellor’s pipeline.
- Government statistics reveal shortfall.
- Biggest spending spree in 28 years
- Corporation tax The main rate of corporation tax will now remain at 19% from 1 April 2020, despite original plans to reduce this to 17%. This remains the lowest headline rate in the G20. Additionally, it was announced that the main rate of corpo...
- Plastic packaging tax A new plastic packaging tax will take effect from 1 April 2022 at a rate of £200 per tonne. This will apply to plastic packaging produced in, or imported into, the UK that does not contain at least 30% recycled plastic. The ...
- Abolition of the ‘tampon tax' The first headline for VAT in the Chancellor's speech came when Sunak announced that the UK leaving the EU presents an opportunity to introduce legislation applying the zero-rate of VAT to women's sanitary products. VAT is...
- Rates and allowances The tax-free personal allowance will remain at £12,500 for the 2020/21 tax year throughout the UK. The basic-rate band in England, Northern Ireland and Wales will stay at £37,500 and consequently, the higher-rate threshold will con...
Calculators and CALENDAR
The numbers you need at your fingertips, from quick tax calculations to key dates and deadlines – all part of Hurkans‘ commitment to straight answers, fast.
What we can do for you
Hurkans offers the full range of accounting services for new and growing businesses, from bookkeeping to payroll.